Update 4th February 2020
The Inspector has issued her letter and she will not be accepting or responding to any further communications.
Planning Inspectorate – 14th January 2020
The Council has sent a letter to the Planning Inspectorate following the receipt of the Inspectors letter in relation to the stage 1 examination of the Submission Wealden Local plan.
Inspector’s Findings – 6th January 2020
The Planning Inspector, Louise Nurser BA (Hons) Dip UP MRTPI, has provided the Council with a letter setting out the conclusions from the hearing sessions related to Stage 1 of the examination of the Submission version of the Local Plan.
The Council has produced a media release in response to the letter.
Further relevant information will be provided in due course.
Update – 8th November 2019
The Planning Inspectorate (Pins) shared the findings of the examination (Stage 1) to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on 25th October 2019 in accordance with the published protocol. Unfortunately, the findings had not been released by MHCLG before the pre-election period which started on 6 November. The Planning Inspectorate has published its approach to casework during the pre-election period and will not be issuing any letters regarding the soundness or legal compliance of local plans, or final reports (including for fact check), until after the election. Therefore Wealden District Council will not be receiving the findings until after the election.
Update – 21st October 2019
The letter from the Inspector regarding stage 1 of the Local Plan has still not been received by Wealden District Council. As of today there is no specific date when Wealden District Council will receive this letter. The Programme Officer will keep this page and anyone who has made Representations, updated as soon as the letter is available.
In response to the submission of the Wealden Local Plan, and in accordance with section 20 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended) Louise Nurser BA (Hons) Dip UP MRTPI has been appointed by the Secretary of State to conduct the examination to determine whether the above-named Local Plan is ‘sound’ and legally compliant.
- Inspector Appointment Letter – February 2019
- Initial Letter to Respondents – February 2019
- Inspector’s Letter to WDC to accompany Matters Issues and Questions Stage 1
- Matters, Issues and Questions for discussion – Stage 1
- Inspector’s Guidance Notes – Stage 1
Wealden Local Plan Examination – Stage 1
The Wealden Local Plan Examination Stage 1 will resume again on July 30 and July 31 9:30am at the East Sussex National Hotel, Little Horsted, Uckfield TN22 5ES.
The Inspector will finish the Matter 1 HRA session held over from the 23 May 2019. This will be followed by matter 2 (Spatial Vision, Air Quality Considerations) which was held over from the 28 May 2019. Further details will be available nearer the time.
Participants as per the programme below, will be seated at the table and take part in the discussion. Members of the public are welcome to come and observe.
- Wealden Local Plan Programme V10 30th July 2019
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 3 continued – 30 July 2019
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 4 – 31 July 2019
- Letter to representors of hearings on 30th and 31st July
The National Planning Practice Guidance relating to Appropriate Assessment was updated on 22nd July 2019. Further information can be found on the NPPG website.
The responses to the Inspector’s Matters, Issues and Questions and documents submitted during the examination are published in the Wealden Local Plan Examination Library.
- Wealden District Council – Opening Statement 21 May 2019
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 1 WDC
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 2 WDC (pdf)
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 3 WDC (pdf)
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 4 WDC (pdf)
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 5 WDC (pdf)
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 6 WDC (pdf)
- Agenda Stage 1 Day 7 WDC (pdf)
- Wealden Local Plan Programme 5 June 19 (pdf)
- Wealden Local Plan Programme 31 May 19 (pdf)
- Wealden Local Plan Programme 28 May 19 (pdf)
- Wealden Local Plan Programme 21 May 19 (pdf)
- Wealden Local Plan Programme 20 May 19 (pdf)