Safe Food and Healthy Workplaces

New rules in response to Omicron variant, this guidance applies to England

You must wear a face covering in shops and on public transport. Face coverings should be worn in communal areas of universities, colleges and schools by staff, visitors and pupils or students in year 7 and above.

If you’re travelling to England from abroad you must take a PCR test before the end of day 2 following your arrival and self-isolate until you get a negative test result, even if you’re fully vaccinated.

If you’re a contact of someone who may have been infected with the Omicron variant, you must self-isolate for 10 days, regardless of your age, vaccination status or any negative test results.

View the regulations on face coverings in full

Business as usual

Welcome to our Safe Food and Healthy Workplaces section. In this section you will find information and advice on both starting and running a food business in the Wealden area.

Our Safe Food and Healthy Workplaces section replaces the information previously found on our Wealden Business Help website.

The information in this section is brought to you by Environmental Health which is run as a Shared Service between Wealden and Rother District Councils. Our pages focus on the specific issues and regulations involved in running a food business, if you would like general new business advice then please visit Thinking of starting a Business?

Starting a Food Business

Specific advice for when you are first starting out as a food business, including advice on choosing the right premises and details of how to register.

Running a Food Business

If you are already up and running you will find more detailed advice on maintaining high standards of food safety, what you can expect during your routine inspections and how to implement an effective food safety management system.

Healthy Workplaces

Helping you understand your legal responsibilities in relation to health and safety at work and advice on creating a safe and healthy workplace.
The information in this section is specifically aimed at businesses. If you are not a business, but interested in food safety or health and safety then please visit our Health section where you will find information on staying safe whilst eating out and how to report an accident at work.