Starting a Food Business – Training

Anyone who handles or prepares food should have appropriate training. The level of training depends on the complexity of the operation and its potential risk to consumers. Generally speaking, a Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) Level 2 award in Food Hygiene  is suitable for most catering and retail businesses. For those who manage food businesses, a CIEH Level 3 award is more appropriate.

Wealden run these courses on a regular basis and you can find more information on our training courses by visiting our Food Hygiene and Safety Training page in the the Running a Food Business section.