This assessment relates to one page of the website where zoom is currently restricted.
We have 1,545 pages where customers can zoom in to the pages, but there is one that hasn’t yet added in the zoom.
The page is a new strategy we are developing using In5. This is in a draft format and not linked from any other website page. We recently added this to our website to give online access during presentations. At the moment this page has the view port as restricted meaning that customers cannot zoom in to a page. We have contacted In5 and are upgrading our package so that we can have access to no longer restrict the view port.
Benefits of creating an accessible version
The benefits of zoom being available on this pages are
- a fully accessible version for all users to access
- customers can zoom in and out to make it easier to read for those with a visual impairment.
Burden placed on the organisation
The document has been developed using a new piece of software to Wealden District Council and has taken around 20 hours of developers time to complete.
We have contacted our third party supplier who has provided this software and asked them to remedy this for us.
They have advised this will be given priority.
Other factors relevant to this decision are:
- Interest in the document has shown to be low and copies have been sent directly to all those with an interest in the policy
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document
- We will continue to assist with accessible versions on request
- Due to the nature of this content, there was a need to publish the document, so we took the decision to publish this version as a temporary measure
Having considered the estimated time involved in creating a version where you can zoom, along with the low estimated demand and the amount of work already spent on this we decided to publish as is; but we are actively working with our third party supplier to remedy this.
Page last reviewed: 17 May 2022