Wealden District Council

Construction Sites

Section 60 - Control of noise on construction sites

Applies to works such as:

a) the erection, construction, alteration, repair or maintenance of buildings, structures or roads
b) breaking up, opening or boring under any road or adjacent land in connection with the construction, inspection, maintenance or removal of works
c) demolition or dredging work
d) whether or not also comprised in paragraph (a), (b) or (c) above) any work of engineering construction.

Where it appears to a local authority that works to which this section applies are being, or are going to be, carried out on any premises, the local authority may serve a notice imposing requirements as to the way in which the works are to be carried out and may, if it thinks fit, publish notice of the requirements in such way as appears to the local authority to be appropriate.

Section 61 - Prior consent for work on construction sites

A person who intends to carry out works to which section 60 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974 applies may apply to the local authority for consent under this section. To do this you must complete a Consent Form (pdf).

Contact Rother and Wealden Environmental Health Service