Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan was formally made at Full Council on 21st July 2021.
- Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan
- Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Post Adoption SEA Statement
- Examiner’s Report
The results of the referendum confirmed that 81% of those who voted were in favour of the neighbourhood plan being used to decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area.
Referendum Stage (Spring 2021): Specified Documents
On Thursday 6 May 2021 a referendum took place on the Hellingly Neighbourhood Development Plan.
The question asked in the Referendum was:
“Do you want Wealden District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hellingly to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Further information on the referendum is available in the specified documents below.
- Information Statement
- Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan – Referendum Version
- Examiner’s Report
- Summary of Representations
- Decision Statement
- Statement of General Information
Decision on a Plan Proposal
On 29th April 2020, Wealden District Council agreed the Decision Statement for the Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan. This sets out the modifications that will be made to the plan in response to the Examiner’s modifications.
Wealden District Council appointed John Slater BA (Hons), DMS, MRTPI to undertake the examination of the Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan. The Examiner issued his final report on 27th March 2020.
Neighbourhood Plan Hearing.
The Independent Examiner considered it necessary to hold a Public Hearing in order to hear oral evidence on certain matters put forward in the Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan. The Neighbourhood Plan Hearing took place at 10.00am on Tuesday 18th February 2020 at Hellingly Village Hall. Notes from the examiner can be viewed and downloaded below. In addition, please see the:
- Additional Comments Of The Independent Examiner 15th January 2020
- Notes for the Hellingly Hearing 18th February 2020.
Written submissions provided to the Independent Examiner prior to the Hearing:
- WDC Written Submission for Hearing 13th February 2020
- Batcheller Monkhouse Written Submission for Hearing 14th February 2020
- Batcheller Monkhouse Appendix One
Submissions received from Hellingly Parish Council prior to the Hearing:
- Hellingly’s Response to Examiners Letter of 28th January 2020
- Hellingly’s Response to Examiners Letter of 28th January 2020 Question four
- Statement From David White 16th February 2020
- Landscape Document
- 2020 Flood Photos
- Local Green Spaces
- Local Green Spaces II
- Natural Flood Management Tool Box
- Delivery sustainable drainage systems through the English planning system: A proposed case of institutional void
The following documents formed part of the independent examination process.
- Hellingly Initial Comments from Examiner July 2019
- Wealden District Council response to examiners comments Sept 2019
- Hellingly Parish Council response to examiners comments Sept 2019
- Hellingly Flood Zone Map September 2019
- Hellingly NDP letter from Examiner 24th October 2019
Following the receipt of the Draft Wealden Local Plan Planning Inspector’s letter on 20th December, Wealden District Council updated the Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Habitat Regulations Assessment Report. Natural England and the Environment Agency were consulted on the report as part of this process. The report is below:
Regulation 16 – Pre Submission consultation on a draft Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the draft Neighbourhood Plan for Hellingly Parish closed on 18 June 2019. The consultation responses and the documents forming the consultation can be viewed and downloaded below.
- Highways England
- Catesby Estates & Gribble family
- Dare, Gillian
- East Sussex County Council
- Gladman Developments
- Friends of Park Wood Hellingly
- Southern Water
- National Grid
- Natural England
- Hellingly Pre-Submission Neighbourhood Development Plan – March 2019
- Hellingly Proposals Map – March 2019
- Hellingly Sustainability Appraisal – March 2019
- Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment – May 2019
- Hellingly Statement of Conformity
- Hellingly Supporting Document 1. Statement of Community Involvement
- Hellingly Supporting Statement 2. Public Consultation Phase 1
- Hellingly Supporting Statement 3. Public Consultation Phase 2
- Hellingly Topic Paper 1 – Parish Profile
- Hellingly Topic Paper 2 – Landscape
- Hellingly Topic Paper 3 – Heritage Assets
- Hellingly Topic Paper 4 – Infrastructure
- Hellingly Topic Paper 5 – Flooding
- Hellingly Topic Paper 6 – Farming
- Hellingly Topic Paper 7 – Village Character Statements
- Hellingly Topic Paper 8 Biodiversity Paper 1
- Hellingly Topic Paper 8 Biodiversity Paper 2
- Hellingly Topic Paper 8 Biodiversity Paper 3
- Hellingly Topic Paper 9 – Outdoor Playing Space
- Hellingly Topic Paper 10 – Housing
The documents will be available at the following deposit points:
Hellingly Parish Council, 25 Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2PX (by appointment only)
Wealden District Council, Council Offices, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2AX (M-F 8.30am to 5pm, Wed 9am to 5pm) and at:
Hailsham Library Western Road, Hailsham, BN27 3DN (Mon 12-5, Tue 12-5, Wed Closed, Thu 10-6, Fri 10-5, Sat 10-5)
All comments submitted during the consultation period will be passed onto an appointed independent examiner along with a copy of the Neighbourhood Plan and the supporting documents. The role of an independent examiner is to consider whether the submitted plan meets the statutory requirements set out in the legislation and consider the area the referendum should apply to.
Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
The Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) is available to download below as well as email responses from Natural England, The Environment Agency and Historic England: