Neighbourhood Plan Hearing.
The Neighbourhood Plan Hearing will take place at 10.00am on Tuesday 18th February 2020 at Hellingly Village Hall, North Street, Hellingly, East Sussex. BN27 4DS. Notes from the examiner can be viewed and downloaded below. In addition, please see the Additional Comments Of The Independent Examiner 15th January 2020
Written submissions provided to the Independent Examiner prior to the Hearing:
Submissions received from Hellingly Parish Council prior to the Hearing:
Update 15th January 2020
Following the publication of the Local Plan Inspector’s Stage 1 letter just before Christmas John Slater BA (Hons), DMS, MRTPI is now in a position to now proceed with the examination of the neighbourhood plan. Attached is a document Additional Comments of the Independent Examiner which sets out how the examination will proceed and the matters to be dealt with at the public hearing. The date and venue of this meeting will be confirmed shortly.
Update – 8th November 2019
The Planning Inspectorate (Pins) shared the findings of the examination (Stage 1) to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on 25th October 2019 in accordance with the published protocol. Unfortunately, the findings had not been released by MHCLG before the pre-election period which started on 6 November. The Planning Inspectorate has published its approach to casework during the pre-election period and will not be issuing any letters regarding the soundness or legal compliance of local plans, or final reports (including for fact check), until after the election. Therefore Wealden District Council will not be receiving the findings until after the election.
Wealden District Council is supporting Hellingly Parish Council in the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan for the designated area. Further details relating to the development of the plan can be found below and also on the Hellingly Parish Council’s website (external link).
Wealden District Council has appointed John Slater BA (Hons), DMS, MRTPI to undertake the examination of the Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan. Initial comments from the examiner can be viewed and downloaded below.
- Hellingly Initial Comments from Examiner July 2019
- Wealden District Council response to examiners comments Sept 2019
- Hellingly Parish Council response to examiners comments Sept 2019
- Hellingly Flood Zone Map September 2019
- Hellingly NDP letter from Examiner 24th October 2019
Following the receipt of the Draft Wealden Local Plan Planning Inspector’s letter on 20th December, Wealden District Council updated the Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Habitat Regulations Assessment Report. Natural England and the Environment Agency were consulted on the report as part of this process. The report is below:
Regulation 16 – Pre Submission consultation on a draft Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the draft Neighbourhood Plan for Hellingly Parish closed on 18 June 2019. The consultation responses and the documents forming the consultation can be viewed and downloaded below.
- Highways England (pdf)
- Catesby Estates & Gribble family
- Dare, Gillian (pdf)
- East Sussex County Council
- Gladman Developments
- Friends of Park Wood Hellingly (pdf)
- Southern Water (pdf)
- National Grid
- Natural England
- Hellingly Pre-Submission Neighbourhood Development Plan – March 2019
- Hellingly Proposals Map – March 2019
- Hellingly Sustainability Appraisal – March 2019
- Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment – May 2019
- Hellingly Statement of Conformity
- Hellingly Supporting Document 1. Statement of Community Involvement
- Hellingly Supporting Statement 2. Public Consultation Phase 1
- Hellingly Supporting Statement 3. Public Consultation Phase 2
- Hellingly Topic Paper 1 – Parish Profile
- Hellingly Topic Paper 2 – Landscape
- Hellingly Topic Paper 3 – Heritage Assets
- Hellingly Topic Paper 4 – Infrastructure
- Hellingly Topic Paper 5 – Flooding
- Hellingly Topic Paper 6 – Farming
- Hellingly Topic Paper 7 – Village Character Statements
- Hellingly Topic Paper 8 Biodiversity Paper 1
- Hellingly Topic Paper 8 Biodiversity Paper 2
- Hellingly Topic Paper 8 Biodiversity Paper 3
- Hellingly Topic Paper 9 – Outdoor Playing Space
- Hellingly Topic Paper 10 – Housing
The documents will be available at the following deposit points:
Hellingly Parish Council, 25 Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2PX (by appointment only)
Wealden District Council, Council Offices, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2AX (M-F 8.30am to 5pm, Wed 9am to 5pm) and at:
Hailsham Library Western Road, Hailsham, BN27 3DN (Mon 12-5, Tue 12-5, Wed Closed, Thu 10-6, Fri 10-5, Sat 10-5)
All comments submitted during the consultation period will be passed onto an appointed independent examiner along with a copy of the Neighbourhood Plan and the supporting documents. The role of an independent examiner is to consider whether the submitted plan meets the statutory requirements set out in the legislation and consider the area the referendum should apply to.
Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
The Hellingly Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) is available to download below as well as email responses from Natural England, The Environment Agency and Historic England: