View the latest news from Wealden District Council.
View the latest Parish Bulletins, providing an update about what the Council is doing for communities in Wealden.
All media enquiries and requests for interviews, filming and photography should be directed to our Communications team:
Telephone: 01892 602745
Out of hours
Emergency contact details outside of office hours: 07985 812076
If you are a member of the public who has an enquiry about a council service please use our contact form.
Keep up to date and follow us on:
Social Media – rules and guidance
- Our Social Media accounts are generally monitored during working hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
- Our goal is to respond to as many posts as we can but this is not always possible and sometimes we can miss posts.
- Staff who run the social media accounts may not be able to answer your questions themselves and will need to consult or request information from colleagues in other departments. This can take some time so please be patient if you do not receive a response straight away.
- We may share or retweet information that we think will be of interest or use to Wealden residents , businesses and organisations.
- Please remember that while we may like or follow someone, retweet or share their information, it does not necessarily mean that we endorse them.
We reserve the right to remove any contributions that break the rules of any relevant online community, or any of the following guidelines:
- Don’t post messages that are unlawful, defamatory or libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive,
- Don’t swear or use language that could in any way be offensive
- Don’t post images or text from a copyrighted source without obtaining permission.
- Don’t publicise your, or anyone else’s, personal information, such as contact details
- Don’t advertise products or services
In addition to removing contributions we will also consider blocking anyone who breaks the above rules and prevent them contacting Wealden District Council by social media in future.
- View or download a copy of our Social Media Protocol