Good communications is the responsibility of everyone involved in the Council including councillors, staff and partners.
This protocol supplements the principles in the national Code for Recommended Practice on Local Authority Publicity and the Council’s own Communications Policy.
View the latest Parish Bulletins, providing an update about what the Council is doing for communities in Wealden.
All media enquiries and requests for interviews, filming and photography should be directed to our Policy, Insight and Communications Team:
Out of hours
Emergency contact details outside of office hours: 07985 812076
If you are a member of the public who has an enquiry about a council service please use our contact form
The Council has a social media presence on six of the main platforms. This helps us to engage with our residents, communities and businesses and the conversations they are having online. It also allows us to keep our audiences informed with information and service updates about the Council. Keep up to date and follow us on:
Social Media – rules and guidance
- Our Social Media accounts are generally monitored during working hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
- Our goal is to respond to as many posts as we can but this is not always possible.
- Staff who run the social media accounts may not be able to answer your questions themselves and will need to consult or request information from colleagues in other departments. This can take some time so please be patient if you do not receive a response straight away.
- We may share or retweet information that we think will be of interest or use to Wealden residents, businesses and organisations.
- Please remember that while we may like or follow someone, retweet or share their information, it does not necessarily mean that we endorse them.
We reserve the right to remove any contributions that break the rules of our Social Media Acceptable Use Policy