We know it can be confusing trying to work out what you can get and from where, so we have tried to make it easier for residents.
Use our online help tool to answer a few simple questions to see what help you can get.
Are you missing out on additional financial support? We are here to help residents in Wealden claim for benefits that they may be entitled to but are not currently receiving.
- If you have a low income, you may be able to get a reduction on your Council Tax charge.
- If you are unable to work full time due to a health condition you may be entitled to a state benefit
- If you are in receipt of certain state benefits, you may be able to get help with some NHS costs such as eye tests or prescriptions.
Our benefits service drop-in days are led by our Benefits Team who are on-hand to help give advice and answer questions and to help with the application processes to ensure you are claiming the financial support you are entitled to.
The drop-in sessions are held across the district and do not require any prior booking. In the meantime you can look to see if you are eligible for any of these state benefits here https://www.wealden.gov.uk/lowincomehelp
The next drop-in session will be in Pevensey Bay 7th March 2023, St Wilfrid’s Church Hall, Eastbourne Rd, BN24 6HL 12pm -4pm. No appointment needed.
Please take a look at the links below for more help:
- Housing Benefit – help towards your rent
- Council Tax Reduction – money off your council tax
- Discretionary Housing Payments – help towards other rental expenses
- Household Support Fund – Help towards energy and food costs
- Help for Households – Get Government cost of living support
- East Sussex County Council – Support with cost of living