Community Trigger

The Safer Wealden Partnership brings together a number of agencies, including the Police, Wealden District Council, East Sussex County Council, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service, the office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, the Wealden District Association of Local Councils, the magistracy and the education sector all working together to make communities safer.

Under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 a new procedure has been introduced called the ‘Community Trigger’. You can use this procedure if you believe that no action has been taken to investigate or deal with your complaints about anti-social behaviour or hate incidents. However this is not a procedure to use if you are unhappy about the outcome of any investigations, if this is the case then you should speak to that agency directly or use the complaints procedure for the agency you originally complained to.

To use the ‘Community Trigger’ you must have reported three separate incidents of anti-social behaviour or hate crime within the past six months to the police, the Council or your housing provider and believe that no action has been taken. You can also use the Trigger on behalf of someone else provided you have their consent.
You will need to download and complete the community trigger form detailing the caseĀ , and email it or post it to the address at the bottom of the form.

What happens after your form has been received?

Once your form is received it will be checked with all the agencies concerned to find out the history of your complaint and what has happened to date. We will endeavour to complete this process within three working days.

If the criteria for the Trigger has been met, all the relevant agencies will work together to review your case and decide on the best way forward. The outcome of these discussions will be communicated to you; we will endeavour to get the results of this review to you within ten working days.

If the criteria for the Trigger have not been met you will be informed by the agency you originally complained to.