Street Learning courses are completely free of charge and are available to all Wealden and Eastbourne residents – aged 19 years and over. All you have to do is book a place!
Street Learning provides free training in your community at local venues. There are practical courses from cooking to those that will help you to get to grips with computers and the internet, writing stories and improving your employability skills.
Street Learning is a partnership project set up by:
- Wealden District Council
- Now! Charity
- East Sussex College
- Sussex Community Development Association (SCDA)
- East Sussex County Council Library
- Rural outreach Volunteer Training and empowerment
- Job Centre Plus
Its aim is to assist local people to develop new skills or expand on those they already have.
The Street Learning mission is to reduce social and financial exclusion and improve access to training.
We want to provide courses that you are interested in. So if you have any suggestions, please let us know.
Street Learning Courses 2020
Our new programme is available to view or download.
Quotes from participants:
- ‘I thought I was a pretty good cook but I’ve learnt so much! how to make fresh pasta and how to make bread properly and identify mistakes’ – Easy Cooking course, Training Now!
- ‘Socially its a great and nice lunch to eat afterwards’ – Cooker course, Training Now!
- ‘I have learnt some new skills and gained more confidence to try different things’ – Get Creative, East Sussex College at Prospects House, Hailsham
- ‘Course is very well run and interesting. I enjoyed it very much’