Solar Together Sussex - buying solar panels and battery storage made easy
Solar Together, the group buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage is back!
Following a successful auction last year, we are once again working with independent experts in group buying, iChoosr, and partner authorities across Sussex to bring this opportunity to Wealden homeowners.
Solar Together Sussex is a group-buying scheme, bringing Sussex households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
Solar PV installations are often considered a ‘permitted development’ and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. If you’re not sure, please get in touch with our planning team at: email@example.com or visit www.wealden.gov.uk/planning-advice.
Do you already have solar panels installed? You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
You can register today at solartogether.co.uk/wealden
What is it?
Solar Together Sussex is delivered by iChoosr and through this programme households and small businesses across Sussex have signed up through the programme to have high quality solar photovoltaic panels (PV) installed on their roofs to generate electricity.
As the programme has developed there has also been the opportunity to have battery storage installed – helping residents capture energy when it’s being generated and use it later – as well as electric vehicle charging points.
With support from local authorities, the Solar Together Sussex scheme has provided a group purchase for solar panels at a very competitive price. Solar together Sussex is now completing its third phase with over 1600 homes having had solar panels successfully installed through the scheme to date.
Why do it?
Installing solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and generating clean electricity could reduce the average household’s carbon footprint by up to one tonne each year, helping to make Wealden a carbon neutral district by 2050.
200 homeowners have benefitted so far from these solar systems.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register for free before 21st April 2023 and without obligation at solartogether.co.uk/wealden. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 21st April 2023, where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal could be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
- Personal recommendation: from the beginning of May 2023, you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your estimated costs and specifications of your system.
- You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until mid-July 2023 to decide and will be invited to an information session.
- Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of January 2024.
Find out more
Telephone and email support are on-hand throughout the whole process, which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Visit www.solartogether.co.uk/wealden where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available on 0800 014 8738 to answer any further questions.
For more FAQs, click here