Solar Together Sussex - buying solar panels and battery storage made easy
Solar Together, the group buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage is back!
Following a successful auction last October, Wealden District Council is once again working independent experts in group buying, iChoosr, and partner authorities across Sussex to bring this opportunity to Wealden homeowners.
Solar Together Sussex is a group-buying scheme, bringing Sussex households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
Solar PV installations are often considered a ‘permitted development’ and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. If you’re not sure, please get in touch with our planning team at: email@example.com or visit www.wealden.gov.uk/planning-advice.
Do you already have solar panels installed? You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
You can register today at solartogether.co.uk/wealden
Installing solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and generating clean electricity could also reduce the average household’s carbon footprint by up to one tonne each year, helping to make Wealden a carbon neutral district by 2050.
Our first Solar Together auction took place in October 2020, and over 5000 properties across Sussex registered their interest in the scheme. Residents who accepted the offer are now having their solar panels installed to start generating their own energy.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register for free before 28 September for free and without obligation at solartogether.co.uk/wealden. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 28 September, where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
- Personal recommendation: from 18 October, you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
- You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 26 November to decide and will be invited to an information session.
- Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of April 2022.
Find out more
Telephone and email support are on-hand throughout the whole process, which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Visit www.solartogether.co.uk/wealden where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available on 0800 014 8738 to answer any further questions.
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders. Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it focused on group-buying schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium. It now works with community leaders helping households select energy and solar power suppliers. As in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.