Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.


There may be incidents where you are asked to evacuate your home. Please cooperate with the emergency services who are evacuating you, as they are doing this for your own safety.

Temporary Accommodation

You may wish to stay with friends and family – if you do, please let the emergency services or the council know how to contact you. Check whether your home insurance covers temporary accommodation. If your property is managed by a housing association/ private agent, they are responsible for providing you with temporary accommodation.

Emergency Rest Centres

If the incident requires it, the council will open an emergency rest centre to accommodate people who have been displaced by an emergency.