There are a variety of national funding sources which have a sport and physical activity focus. The funding stream that you apply for will be dependent upon a number of variables that you will need to consider. Check out the Active Sussex website to find out local and national funding opportunities for sports clubs.
Club Matters, the essential one-stop-shop for sports clubs, will provide you with support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal. Club Matters offers free, simple and bitesize support to all clubs.
Club Matters can help you to improve your club with:
- Online Support – There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered across the country by experts in a range of speciﬁc areas.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, our Club Matters mentors can help. Our ﬂexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and whether they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan.
- Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club.
- Clubmark – The universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs.
Further information can be found on the Sport England Club Matters website (external link) or contact them via email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow them on Club Matters Facebook page (external link).