Active Sussex is one of 43 County Sports Partnerships in England and is largely funded by the Government to co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of sport and physical activity initiatives across Sussex. Their purpose is to help drive improved access to, and an increased participation in, sport and physical activity in Sussex.
The following data is a profile snapshot of data for our district, covering sports participation, facilities, health, economy & demographics between April 2014 and March 2015.
Wealden Profile Snapshot
Sport Participation in Wealden
- 25.6% of adults participate in 30 minutes per week
Sussex School Games
- 109 children aged 7-16 took part in the Summer Festival
Sport Related Workshops and Training
- 16 attended Active Sussex organised workshops
- 15% 6.6m adults volunteered
Primary Physical Education
- 43 Wealden Primary Schools have been advised by Active Sussex
View Profiles for other areas in Sussex and find out more about Active Sussex (external link).