Appellant: Gleeson Land and John Alison Land and Research Ltd
Appeal Reference: APP/C1435/W/23/3321978
Inquiry Opens: 10am – 24 October 2023
Proposal: Hybrid planning application comprising: outline application (with all matters reserved except for access) for the erection of up to 424 no. Residential dwellings including affordable housing, the provision of vehicular, pedestrian and cycle access and separate emergency access from the uckfield bypass (a22), pedestrian and cycle access from snatts road, open spaces including children’s play space, sustainable urban drainage systems, associated landscaping, infrastructure and earthworks; and full application comprising creation of a strategic sang, associated landscaping and car parking, and demolition of existing residential property and other buildings and provision of pedestrian and cycle access from rocks road, associated landscaping, infrastructure and earthworks.
|7 June 2023||Start of Inquiry procedure|
|15 June 2023||Questionnaire and Notifications by Letter Issued|
|13 July 2023||Deadline for Interested Party Comments and Rule 6 Statements|
|16 August 2023||Casework Management Conference held|
|26 September 2023||Deadline for all Proofs of Evidence and Core Documents|
|3 October 2023||Notification of Inquiry Details Letter to be issued|
|24 October 2023||Inquiry Opens and will be held for 12 Days|
You can view the Planning Application case file which includes the original submitted application form, plans, supporting information, officer report and representations through this link.
Further to the Case Management Conference (see summary note) the documents listed below relate to new documentation provided by the appellant as part of this appeal.
The EIA consultation comprises the attached Environmental Statement Addendum Letter and five enclosures and the SANG Submissions Letter regarding the amended plans.
This includes the Addendum Letter alongside:
- Enclosure 1 – Revised ES Figure 3.3A – Green Infrastructure Parameter Plan 1309.04A (was submitted during the course of the application, albeit not referenced in the decision notice – CD2/116) and Revised ES Figure 6.6A – Detailed Hard and Soft Landscaping Plan (Rev J – amended plan)
- Enclosure 2 – Environmental Statement Chapter 7A Biodiversity – amended to reflect updated baseline survey information and SANG boardwalk proposal
- Enclosure 3 – Updated Appendix 7.2A – Report to Inform a Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Enclosure 4 – New Appendix 7.4 to the ES Ecology Chapter comprising updated baseline survey information
- Enclosure 5 – Boardwalk Tree Protection Technical Note (dated 05 September 2023)
Anyone who wishes to make representations about the addendum to the Environmental Statement and the supporting documents should write to the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “3321978 Downlands Farm, Uckfield – EIA” by 15th October 2023.
Amended Plan Consultation
In response to Highways and Natural England, the appellant has submitted additional plans which can be found as follows:
- Full List of Plans
- SANG Overview Plan, drawing ref. edp6170_d026 Rev D
- SANG: Detailed Hard and Soft Landscape, drawing ref. edp6170_d016 Rev J
- Proposed SANG Boardwalk, drawing ref. 2001061-142 Rev A
- Proposed SANG Access and Pedestrian Crossing Point, drawing ref. 2001061-107 Rev B
- Proposed Emergency Access, drawing ref. 2001061-102 Rev D
Any comments on the amended plans should be provided to the Council by 15th October 2023, to be sent to email@example.com quoting reference “3321978 Downlands Farm, Uckfield – Amended Plans”.
Appeal Notification Letters
Main Party Proofs of Evidence
13 October 2023: Appellant Rebuttal – ESCC Proof of Evidence for Highways
13 October 2023: Appellant Rebuttal – DAG Proof of Evidence for Heritage
13 October 2023: Appellant Rebuttal – Wealden Proof of Evidence for Heritage
20 October 2023: Appellant Rebuttal on HLS – Wealden Proof of Evidence for Planning
20 October 2023: Appellant Rebuttal – Wealden Proof of Evidence – Planning
|ID13: DMRB CD116 Geometric Design of Roundabouts|
|ID14: Forestry Commission Reconsultation Response|
|ID19: Natural England Reconsultation Response|
|ID22: Appendix AD9 to Mr Baxter Proof|
|ID24: Appeal Decision – Mornings Mill (2019)|
|ID25: Conditions Update|
|ID26: Appeal Decision – The Finches|
|ID27: Appeal Decision – Lilas Wood|
|ID28: Appeal Decision – Badbury Hill|
|ID29: Hydrogeology Note|
|ID30: Aspect Ecology Bat Addendum|
|ID31: Third Party Representation dated 15 November 2023|
|ID32: Third Party Representation dated 15 November 2023|
Due to limited Inquiry time, the Inquiry’s closing statements are to be heard virtually on 7 December 2023 at 9:30am. Should you wish to attend, you can request invitation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.