The council charges a fee to monitor all planning obligations as set out in the CIL Regulations.
To ensure your S106 agreements, including Deeds of Variation, are recorded and managed in our system, a registration fee is required. This fee covers the expenses associated with the agreement registration process.
The fee is set at £500.
Additionally, there is a monitoring fee that varies based on the number of homes your development project will create, as detailed in the table below. This fee supports ongoing oversight and management of your development project’s compliance as set out in the table:
|Less than 10 dwelling units and/or Ashdown Forest SANG and SAMM mitigation only||If the council’s model template is used for SANGs and SAMMs – no monitoring fee. If the council’s model template is not used, £250|
|10 – 50 dwellings units||£2,500|
|51-100 dwelling units||£5,000|
|101 – 250 dwelling units||£7,500|
|251+ dwelling units||£10,000|
Commercial Floor Area
Fees are determined on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the unique circumstances and relevant terms of your development project.
It’s important to note that commercial applications differ from residential schemes, where S106 heads of terms and associated monitoring can be anticipated, with known future workflows. for commercial schemes, the nature of the work varies, and as a result, a tailored fee structure will be established.
To discuss your specific requirements, please get in touch with a member of the team by emailing email@example.com.
Payment of the registration fee is required upon completion of the agreement. The remainder of the monitoring fee becomes due upon commencement of the development.
The fees are not refundable if the development does not go ahead or is halted halfway.
A number of monitoring activities in relation to planning obligations include but are not limited to:
- Data entry and maintenance of the planning obligations data
- Monitoring of trigger points for obligation actions and for receiving payments
- Developer liaison and confirmation of compliance of obligations
- Site visits, as and where required
- Monitoring financial obligation time limits and spend
- Calculation of indexation and interest applied to planning obligations
- The issuing of S106 Demand Notices (invoicing)
- Processing of S106 payments
- Chasing unpaid invoices
- Arranging bank transfer of financial obligations
- Contacting infrastructure providers and organising draw-downs
- Ensuring timely delivery of infrastructure projects funded through S106
- Gathering and recording of spend data evidence
- Reviewing projects to comply with legal obligations
- Monthly reconciliation of data
- Regular reporting and production of the S106 Report, Infrastructure List and Infrastructure Funding Statement
You can visit the Legal Agreements page for further information on Planning Obligations.
Information on SANGs/SAMMs is available on our website through the guidelines for the creation of Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space (SANGS) and Strategic Access Management and Monitoring Strategy Tariff Guidance (SAMMS).
If you need to contact a member of the team you can email firstname.lastname@example.org