Wealden District Council Planning and Environmental Services provides various information and guidance documents to assist Planning Agents as well as Parish and Town Council’s. Updates on planning legislation, procedures and regulations can be found on the pages within this section.
Ashdown Forest Special Protection Area, Special Area of Conservation and Site of Special Scientific Interest
Details on the current situation within the Ashdown Forest and surrounding areas including Briefing Note and further supporting information, following on from the progress on the development of an Interim SANGs mitigation Strategy and in respect of nitrogen deposition and other mitigation and monitoring matters.
Corporate Update 6th January 2020
Strategic Access Management and Monitoring Strategy Tariff Guidance – updated 1 May 2018
Guidelines for the creation of Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space (SANGS)
Briefing Note on the Ashdown Forest, Pevensey Levels and Lewes Downs Air Quality Reports 3rd November 2017
Useful documents which will assist in the development of any proposed scheme when submitting a Planning Application:
- Environment Agency Planning Consultation Toolkit (external link) produced by the Environment Agency September 2015
- Useful Information regarding SUDS from ESCC (external link)
- ESCC Heritage and Planning Information (including the Archaeological Notification Area Maps)(external link)
- National Planning Policy Framework – Conserving and enhancing the historic environment (external link)
- ESCC Highway and Transport Information(external link) for Parking Standards, Dropped Kerb, Travel Plans and Transport Assessment
- ESCC Minor Planning Application Guidance : Proposed Development Comprising 5 Dwellings or Less
- Guidance for Agents and Applicants when submitting plans and documents
- Protocol for Briefing Members on Major/Significant Planning Applications
- Wealden Standard Model Planning Conditions report Jan 2020
- Ashdown Forest Judicial Review Decision (February 2014)
- High Court Appeal Decision (Spring 2014)
- East Sussex County Council Parking Standards (external link)
- Guidance Note MMA2 – Non-material amendments to Planning Permissions (under review December 2019)
- Guidance Note MMA3 – Minor Material amendments to Planning Permission (under review December 2019)
- Planning Policy Publications Fees
- Former Local Plans and Saved Policies
This panel is made up of active agents and representatives from the Department who meet quarterly to discuss current Planning matters. The meetings provide a useful forum for agents to air any issues of concern.
- Notes of Agent Panel Minutes 20th November 2019
- Notes of Agent Panel 12th June 2019
- Notes of Agent Panel 27th February 2019
Minutes from the latest Parish Planning Panel meetings.