Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan was formally made at Full Council on 21st July 2021.
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan
- Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Post Adoption SEA Statement
- Examiner’s Report
The Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan successfully passed a referendum held on 6 May 2021 and now forms part of the Council’s Development Plan.
The results of the referendum confirmed that 73% of those who voted were in favour of the neighbourhood plan being used to decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area.
Referendum Stage (Spring 2021): Specified Documents
On Thursday 6 May 2021 a referendum took place on the Hailsham Neighbourhood Development Plan.
The question asked in the Referendum was:
“Do you want Wealden District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hailsham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Further information on the referendum is available in the specified documents below.
- Information Statement
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan – Referendum Version
- Examiner’s Report
- Summary of Representations
- Decision Statement
- Statement of General Information
Decision on a Plan Proposal
On 29 April 2020, Wealden District Council agreed the Decision Statement for the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan. This sets out the modifications that will be made to the plan in response to the Examiner’s modifications.
Wealden District Council appointed John Slater BA (Hons), DMS, MRTPI to undertake the examination of the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan. The Examiner issued his final report on 11th March 2020.
As part of the independent examination, the Examiner raised a number of questions.
- Hailsham NDP Initial comments from Examiner July 2019
- Wealden District Council response to examiner comments Sept 2019
- Hailsham Town Council response to examiners comments Sept 2019
- Hailsham Town Council response to Regulation 16 comments Sept 2019
- Hailsham NDP letter from Examiner 24th October 2019
In addition, an exploratory meeting was held. Details are provided below.
Following the receipt of the Draft Wealden Local Plan Planning Inspector’s letter on 20 December, Wealden District Council updated the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Habitat Regulations Assessment Report. Natural England and the Environment Agency were consulted on the report as part of this process. The report is below:
Regulation 16 – Pre Submission consultation on a draft Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan closed on 18th June 2019. The consultation responses received together with the documents which were the subject of the consultation can be viewed below.
- Beer, Ray
- Bovis Homes
- Highways England
- East Sussex County Council
- Gladman Developments
- Gleeson Strategic Land and Rydon Homes
- Hailsham Festival of Arts and Culture
- Hailsham Labour Party
- Friends of Park Wood Hellingly
- Southern Water
- National Grid
- Natural England
- NHS Property Services
- Rowe, Geoffrey
- Hailsham Active
- Woodland Trust
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Submission version – March 2019
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement – March 2019
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement – March 2019
- Habitats Regulations Assessment of the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan – May 2019
- Hailsham Character Assessment – December 2017
- Hailsham Town Centre Analysis – May 2017
- Hailsham Town Wide Analysis – May 2017
- SEA and HRA Screening – October 2018
- Scoping Report for SA (Incorporating SEA) November 2018, LUC for Hailsham
- SA (incorporating SEA) March 2019, LUC for Hailsham
- Non-Technical Summary of SA (incorporating SEA) March 2019 LUC for Hailsham
Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
The Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) is available to download below as well as email responses from Natural England, The Environment Agency and Historic England:
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan HRA SEA Screening Reg 16 – October 2018
- Natural England response
- Environment Agency response
- Historic England response
The Hailsham SEA Screening Opinion Determination Letter is available to download below: