While we deal with the unusual circumstances that we all face due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are doing everything in our power to make sure we continue delivering essential waste collection services to our customers. Unfortunately to allow us to maintain these essential services we have temporarily suspended taking new bookings for bulky waste collections.
Although it is tempting to do DIY projects while following the government’s advice to stay at home, please help us by avoiding creating unnecessary waste until the bulky waste collection service is again available, or when the local tips can reopen. Don’t be tempted to fly tip. Fly tipping is an offence and offenders will be prosecuted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Special collection for bulky items
If an item is at the end of its life, Wealden District Council, through its contractor Biffa, provides a chargeable service for the removal of large or bulky items from domestic properties.
Other options for the removal of household items
Please carefully consider other methods of disposal before arranging a bulky waste collection, as we cannot guarantee that items we collect will not end up going to waste.
If you feel that someone else could make use of the item that you wish to dispose of check the list of Charities that accept items for reuse to find some ways to reuse it.
Furniture, fridges, etc can be taken to a Household Waste Recycling Site (external link) free of charge.
What we do
The Council can:
- Collect unwanted household items from domestic properties.
- Provide free quotes for the collection of more than 9 items or unusual items.
Examples of items we collect
Items that we collect include the following:
- Washing machines
- Plastic baths
- Lawn mowers
- Boilers (an extra large item)
What we don’t do
Unfortunately we are not able to provide the following services:
- House clearances
- Collection of asbestos, builders’ waste, flammable material, storage heaters and garden waste
The minimum charge for a bulky waste collection is £55.00 for up to 3 items. Additional items are £11.00 per item.
Special arrangements and requirements
- Please be aware of the following guidance with regard to bulky waste collections:
- If the item to be removed is not on the list, please contact us using the details below for more information.
- Items must be outside your property for collection. Our contractors are not insured to enter the property.
- Only items that have been agreed and paid for will be collected. Please do not ask the contractor to collect additional items.
- Doors on fridges and freezers must be taped shut.
Book a bulky waste collection
If you would like to arrange a bulky waste collection please fill in our form on My Wealden. Bookings can be taken up to 10 days in advance of the collection. Please ensure the items are outside and are accessible at all times.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit or Debit Cards: Visa, Delta, Solo, Mastercard Maestro