Are you getting rid of your unwanted furniture or electrical items? Is it in good condition? Could someone else reuse it?
Some items are just too good to not be reused by someone. Before contacting the Council why not consider donating your items to an organisation where they can be reused by someone in need. It’s quick, easy and free to pass on your items and some items can even be collected for free.
The NOW Charity will collect furniture and electrical goods free of charge from residents across East Sussex. Reusing helps the environment as well as being a great way to benefit the local community.
What to do if your bulky item isn’t suitable for reuse
If you think your unwanted item is not suitable for reuse, you can take it to the Household Waste Recycling Site for disposal.
Alternatively, the Council is able to offer residents a chargeable service for the removal of large or bulky items from domestic properties.
Bulky Waste Collection Service
How much it costs
The minimum charge for a bulky waste collection is £55.00 for up to three items. Additional items are charged at £11.00 each.
Examples of common bulky waste items we collect can be found below:
What we can collect
- Washing machines
- Plastic baths
- Lawn mowers
What we cannot collect
- Builders’ waste,
- Flammable material
- Storage heaters
- Garden waste
Should you require a house clearance, please contact a private contractor.
Special arrangements and requirements
Please be aware of the following guidance with regard to bulky waste collections:
- If the item to be removed is not on the list, please contact us using the details below for more information.
- Items must be outside your property for collection. Our contractors are not insured to enter the property.
- Only items that have been agreed and paid for will be collected. Please do not ask the contractor to collect additional items.
- Doors on fridges and freezers must be taped shut.
Book a bulky waste collection
If you would like to arrange a bulky waste collection please fill in our form on My Wealden. Bookings can be taken up to 10 days in advance of the collection. Please ensure the items are outside and are accessible at all times.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit or Debit Cards: Visa, Delta, Solo, Mastercard Maestro