Sign up for garden waste collections
The garden waste collection service is an annual subscription service. The subscription year runs from 1st August to 31 July. For customers signing up part way through the year a pro-rata charge will apply.
How does the service work?
- Fortnightly collections from the edge of your property (except for a two week period over Christmas and New Year).
- Bins need to be out from 7am on collection day.
- Garden waste that is not in your bin will not be collected.
How much does it cost?
- A single annual fee of £55 paid in full by debit or credit card.
- You may select from two sizes of bin: 140 litres (small) or 240 litres (large).
- You can have up to four bins at an annual cost of £55 per bin.
- A pro rata charge will apply for registrations made part way through the subscription year.
- Registrations made in the last three months of the subscription year will be for the next subscription year
Terms and conditions of the service
See full details here
Sign up or renew
- Sign up and pay online . If you don’t already have a My Wealden account, you will need to create one.
If you live in a communal property with shared garden waste bins, please ask your managing agent or residents’ association to sign up or renew the subscription by visiting www.wealden.gov.uk/gardenwaste and clicking on the white button.
What happens when you sign up?
- You will receive a licence sticker for each garden waste bin. Bins without a licence sticker will not be emptied and may be removed.
- We will deliver garden waste bins to customers who do not currently have a bin at their property. Please note that we reuse our bins. Your garden waste bin may not always be new.
- You can choose whether to renew your subscription before it ends.
What if I don’t want to renew my subscription?
- Please let us know by using the unsubscribe function at www.wealden.gov.uk/gardenwaste
- Your final collection will be the last scheduled collection in July.
- Bins without valid licence stickers won’t be emptied.
- Please leave the bin in an accessible location for removal.
Garden waste cannot be put in the rubbish or recycling bin. These bins will not be emptied if they contain garden waste.
What else can I do with my garden waste?
You can home compost your garden waste – great value home composters can be ordered from Get Composting or by calling 0844 5714444. Alternatively, you can take your garden waste to your local Household Waste Recycling Site free of charge where it is sent off for composting.
Visit East Sussex Home Composting page for a lot of helpful advice.
Garden Waste – Frequently asked questions
View further information on garden waste
Gardeners’ Corner – monthly hints & tips
For every gardening job there is a season and each month in the gardener’s year brings new tasks to enjoy. Knowing what to do and when makes looking after your garden simpler and more pleasurable. Use our easy-to-follow guide to help you stay up to date with your seasonal gardening jobs or just to get some inspiration.