Temporary Suspension of Garden Waste Collection Service
Due to staff sickness and self-isolation due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we regret to inform you the Council and our waste contractor Biffa have taken the difficult decision to suspend garden waste collections.
This will begin on Monday 30 March and continue until at least Friday 24 April. The suspension will be kept under review and we will continue to work with Biffa to reinstate this service as soon as possible. We must do this in order to prioritise our waste and recycling collections. We hope you will understand this is unavoidable and in the best interests of public health in the unusual circumstances we all face. For further information, including answers to some frequently asked questions please click here.
Garden Waste Collection Service from July 2020
We provide a Garden Waste Collection Service for £50 per year for our residents. The subscription year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
The sign-up process for the garden waste service from 1 July 2020 opens on 1 April. You can sign up or renew your subscription between then and the 8 June for collections to start in July.
A pro rata charge will apply for registrations made part way through the subscription year. You may select from two sizes of bin: 140 litres (small) or 240 litres (large). You can request an additional bin for an extra cost of £50 per bin.
- Sign up and pay online at my.wealden.gov.uk. If you don’t already have a My Wealden account, you will need to create one.
- If you live in a communal property with shared garden waste bins ask your managing agent or residents’ association to contact the Waste Team on 01323 443322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A single annual fee of £50 paid in full by debit or credit card.
- You can request a second bin for an additional £50 per year.
- A pro rata charge will apply for registrations made part way through the subscription year.
- You will receive a licence sticker for each garden waste bin. Bins without a licence sticker will not be emptied and may be removed.
- We will deliver garden waste bins to customers who do not currently have a bin at their property. Please note that we reuse our bins. Your garden waste bin may not always be new.
- You can choose whether to renew your subscription before it ends.
- We will collect your garden waste bin(s) every two weeks from the edge of your property (except for a two week period over Christmas and New Year)
- Please make sure your bin is out from 7am on collection day. Any garden waste that is not in your bin will not be collected.
Garden waste cannot be put into the refuse or recycling bin. These bins will not be emptied if they contain garden waste.
Further information can be found on our frequently asked questions webpage.
For every gardening job there is a season and each month in the gardener’s year brings new tasks to enjoy. Knowing what to do and when makes looking after your garden simpler and more pleasurable. Use our easy-to-follow guide to help you stay up to date with your seasonal gardening jobs or just to get some inspiration.