There are over 40 Recycling Bring Sites across the district where residents can recycle a wide range of materials. Due to the Coronavirus situation all textile/book banks at the Recycling Bring Sites are closed until further notice. Please don’t use these or leave any donations by the side. Where possible, please hold on to any textiles, books etc. you have so they can be donated once the banks are open again.
What you can recycle
- Glass bottles and jars
- Shredded Paper (in clear bags)
- Food tins and drink cans
- Aluminium foil
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Plastic bottles (squash and put lids back on)
- Plastic pots, tubs, trays, bags and plastic film
- Textiles and shoes (check site)
- Books, CDs and DVDs (check site)
Advice on using the sites
- Don’t bring commercial waste.
- Avoid using the sites between 8.30pm and 8.30am as they are usually located near homes.
- Give your containers a quick rinse before placing them loose into the bin.
- Don’t leave recycling next to the bins – if a bin is full or unavailable, please take your recycling back home.
- Report any overflowing bins – please contact us using the contact details below.
- Don’t leave bulky items of waste – this will be considered fly-tipping which is illegal.