After the end of each financial year, the Council has to publish a formal set of accounts. This includes:
- a narrative report
- a statement of its income and expenditure for the year
- a statement showing the value of its assets at the end of the year
- a statement showing the movement in its cash balances
The Statement of Accounts have been compiled in accordance with the Local Authority Accounting Code of Practice in force at the time. The Statement of Accounts are subject to independent audit by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Appointments Limited from 1 April 2015, or the Audit Commission prior to 31 March 2015.
- Draft, Unaudited Statement of Accounts 2022/23
- Statement of Accounts 2021/22
- Statement of Accounts 2020/21
- Statement of Accounts 2019/20
- Statement of Accounts 2018/19
- Statement of Accounts 2017/18
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2022/23
NOTICE OF LATE PUBLICATION OF AUDITED ACCOUNTS
Under regulations 10 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (as amended), the Council was required to publish the audited Statement of Accounts on or before 30th November.
The Council has been unable to meet this requirement due to issues with the pension valuation which has held up the sign-off of the accounts by the Council’s external auditors.
The audited Statement of Accounts will be published as soon as they have been signed off by the external auditors.
Head of Financial Services (s151)
30 November 2023