Delay in the timetable for the Publication and and Public Inspection period for the 2019-20 Statement of Accounts
Due to the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, the timetable (as per the Statement of Accounts of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015 No 234)) for the publication of the unaudited 2019-20 statement of accounts on the Council’s website by 31 May 2020, followed by a 30 working day period open for the public to inspect the accounts, and subsequent publication of the audited 2019-20 statement of accounts by 31 July 2020, have been amended.
These amendments are contained in the Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020 No 4040), deferring publication dates and making other consequential changes.
The revised timetable is as follows:
- On or before 31 August 2020 (i.e. the day before the first working day in September): publication of the unaudited 2019-20 statement of accounts on the Council’s website
- On or before the first working day of September 2020: commencement of the 30 working day public inspection period
- On or before 30 November 2020: publication of the audited 2019-20 statement of accounts on the Council’s website
It is expected that the Council will publish its unaudited/audited 2019-20 statement of accounts and commence the 30-working day public inspection, before these deadlines.
In the first instance it is anticipated the unaudited 2019-20 statement of accounts will be published on the Council’s website, with the 30 working day public inspection commencing the next working day. A ‘Notice of Public Rights at Audit’ will be put the Council’s website in due course detailing the public’s inspection rights.
If you have any questions in respect of the revised timetable for the 2019-20 statement of accounts please contact Jennie Barnes, Financial Services Manager by email: email@example.com
- a narrative report
- a statement of its income and expenditure for the year
- a statement showing the value of its assets at the end of the year
- a statement showing the movement in its cash balances