The Electoral Services office is responsible for compiling, maintaining and publishing the ‘Register of Electors’ for the Wealden District and the administration of national and local elections and referenda.
To help you to retain your right to vote, Wealden District Council will:
- Deliver a registration form and reminders during September and October each year.
- Add to the revised Register all the people you have listed as living at your address who qualify to vote.
- Make available for inspection at the offices of Wealden District Council two versions of the Register of Electors after publication on December 1 each year.
- Add to the revised Register everyone who is eligible and makes a claim under rolling registration.
- Publicise your right to apply for a postal vote at elections at least two weeks before the closing date.
- Reply to letters within five days or send an acknowledgement within three days where a more detailed response is required.
- Reply to emails within one working day – this may be an auto-reply if the email was addressed to an individual who is away from work.
- Try to use plain English in all our correspondence with you. Be helpful and polite in dealing with your enquiries.
- use your data in accordance with the data protection legislation. Electoral Services Privacy Notice