Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Land contamination and Environmental Information Requests

Environmental information about a specific area of land or property may be obtained by submitting an Environmental Information Request to us.

For the site of interest, please supply the following information in writing:

  • The address of the land in question.
  • A map showing the location of the land, clearly delineating the boundary of the land in question.
  • Any reasonable and specific questions regarding the land

Under the regulations, we have 20 working days in which to respond and there is a fee of  £95 for an EIR. If the request is particularly long or complicated, you will be advised of any additional costs for staff time.

We will make a search of our records and provide what environmental information is available. Please note however, that we can only provide factual information in our possession, not opinion or advice on how to proceed with any particular land transaction. If we do not hold the information you are seeking, we will suggest alternative agencies that you may approach if appropriate.

Should you require historic planning or building control information, you will need to contact the planning department directly.

The majority of EIRs come from solicitors when an adverse environmental search report is received in relation to a property purchase and from developers interested in particular areas of land for development.