Tell us what you think - Wealden District Council - Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Tenant Involvement

Back to Wealden Back to Wealden

Tell us what you think

Compliments or Complaints, Comments or Suggestions – we need your feedback

Your feedback is important as it tells us what we are doing well, and when we need to improve. Whatever your experience, good or bad, we need to hear from you so we can continually improve and take action to put things right when they have gone wrong. If you have any suggestions on how we could do things differently or make improvements please let us know.

There are several ways you can give us feedback:

  • In writing – Housing Services, Wealden District Council, Council Offices, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham. East Sussex BN27 2AX
  • In person to a member of staff or contractor
  • Completing and returning satisfaction surveys

Compliments – tell us when things have gone well

Please let us know when you have been happy with something we have done, this tells us what parts of our service are working well, for example:

  • When a service we provide has improved things for you
  • When a repair or property improvement has been done well
  • Contact with a member of Housing staff has been positive and helpful
  • Compliment a member of staff or one of our contractors who has gone the extra mile to get things done

Complaints – we need to know when things go wrong

It is also important that we know as soon as possible when things have not gone so well. This is so we can investigate what has happened and take action to put things right if needed. Please get in touch using any of the methods above so we can contact you as soon as possible.

Find out more information on what is considered a formal complaint. If your problem is not considered a “formal complaint” under our complaints procedure please still contact the Housing Service and we will work with you to try and resolve it. Formal complaints are dealt with by our corporate team  and other complaints within the Housing Service.

The Council also has a formal two stage complaints procedure.  View more information to help you understand whether you have grounds for a stage 2 review of  your case. As well as potential outcomes of complaints.

View more information on our corporate  complaints procedure

Here you can find out more about the formal housing complaints that we have received.

Escalating your complaint:

If you remain unhappy having been through our two stage formal complaints process you can:

If you are a council tenant, you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service or 0300 111 3000.  Find out more about the process.

If you are a housing applicant, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman

or telephone 0300 061 0614

National campaign

The Government has launched a new ‘Make Things Right’ campaign which will help social housing residents to raise complaints if they are unhappy with their landlord and are struggling to get their problems resolved. More information is available on their website.