Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Transferring Home

What do I need to do to be considered for a move?

If you want to transfer to another property you must meet the following conditions before we will consider your application:

  • In normal circumstances you will be expected to have a clear rent account.
  • The interior of the property should be clean, damage free and in good decorative order.
  • If you have a garden it should be well maintained and tidy.

It will be necessary for a Housing Officer to inspect your property prior to any move being approved.

How can I move to another property in the Wealden area?

In order to move you must be registered on our housing register. All applications are subject to eligibility and all available properties (both council and housing association) are advertised online, which eligible households must bid for. Find out more. 

What Can I Expect From My New Home

The Housing Service has a Voids Standard which is a standard for the re-letting of our empty properties.