Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Transfer a premises licence

If you want to transfer an existing premises licence to yourself you will need to complete an application form, a transfer consent form, pay an application fee of £23 and submit the application to the relevant authorities.

You can apply and pay online using our application form here:

Apply online to transfer a premises licence

Or download and complete a Premises Licence Transfer application form 

You can also apply to transfer a premises licence online via .gov.uk at (this service may not be available after March 2023): Apply online to transfer a premises licence

As part of your application you will also need the previous licence holders to complete sign a Consent to transfer form 

If you are not applying online you must also submit your transfer application to East Sussex Police Licensing. Their details can be found on the Responsible authorities page.

Individual applicants who are UK citizens must submit a scan or copy of their passport. Limited companies do not need to provide this.

If you are not a UK Resident you must either show proof of your right to work in the UK or visit the Home Office Online Right to Work Checking Service and generate a 9 digit share code which will allow us to carry out the check.

If you are taking over a premises licence and the DPS has also changed you will also need to apply separately to do that. Details of this can be found on the Make changes to (vary) or transfer a premises licence page.