Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing

In order to sell or supply Alcohol, or to provide Entertainment, or Late Night Refreshment, you must have a Licence from your Local Authority under the Licensing Act 2003.

Premises Licence

If you want your premises to sell alcohol, provide entertainment, or late night refreshment you must have a Premises Licence.

Club Premises Certificates

Private Members Clubs must also be licensed for the supply of alcohol and/or entertainment and have separate application forms to premises licences.

Temporary Events

If you wish to hold an ad-hoc event involving the sale or supply of alcohol and/or the provision of entertainment you must apply for a Temporary Event Notice.

Personal Licences

Anyone supplying or authorising the sale of alcohol must hold a Personal Licence.

Any Licensed Premises which sells or supplies alcohol must have a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) named on the Licence and that individual must hold a Personal Licence.

Alcohol and entertainment additional information

Additional information about alcohol and entertainment licence applications.

Outdoor Events

If you are holding an outdoor event these pages will provide advice and guidance, including how to complete an Event Management Plan.

Live Music Act 2012

Live music has been de-regulated in certain circumstances, please visit our page for full details.

Interested parties

Interested Parties are the bodies or individuals who are entitled to make representation to Licensing Authorities concerning applications for the grant, variation or review of Premises Licences or Club Premises Certificates.

Premises and club application and annual fees

All premises licence and club application and annual fees can be found here.