Roads And Footpaths

Wealden District Council are responsible for public path diversions, road closures for events (e.g. carnivals) and Street naming and numbering .

Public Footpath Diversions

Information about applying for amendments to the rights of way network

Temporary Road Closures

How to apply for a temporary road closure for public celebrations such as street parties, carnivals, parades and similar events


The maintenance of public roads and footpaths in the district is the responsibility of the East Sussex County Council Highways Department who provide a traffic calming measures.


However, we can supply waymark discs, free of charge, to help you guide users across your land.

Enjoying the Countryside

Wealden are also encouraging people to enjoy the countryside by promoting various routes across the district. Don’t forget to follow the Countryside Code.