Aims and ObjectivesThe object of the Wealden District Association of Local Councils (WDALC) is to act as a not-for-profit, collective body to work together to the mutual benefit of all Town and Parish Councils in the Wealden District through the following objectives:
- To encourage Co-operation between member Councils
- To encourage all Member Councils to submit to the Secretary any relevant issues
- To advance Member Councils’ interests.
- To receive reports from WDALC Representatives on other bodies and keep Member Councils informed.
- To take all such steps as may be necessary or desirable in the interest of its Members
WDALC ConstitutionView or download the WDALC Constitution
WDALC Standing OrdersView or download the WDALC Standing Orders These aims and objectives shall be consistent with the objectives of the East Sussex Association of Local Councils, which are as follows:
- To protect and promote the interests, rights, functions and privileges of Member Councils
- To assist Member Councils in the performance of their duties and responsibilities and to promote and develop the social, economic, cultural and recreational needs of Member Councils both rural and urban
- To promote a widespread and well informed interest in local government
- To promote quality local government
MeetingsThe Management Committee meets every three months before the quarterly Association Meeting.
Outside CommitteesWDALC Annual Elections take place in July each year and members are also elected as representatives onto the following committees:
- Standards Committee
- Sussex Association of Local Councils Executive Committee
- Wealden Strategic Partnership
- Wealden Planning Panel
Offices of the Association
- Keith Stevens – Wartling Parish Council
- Mike Garner – Arlington Parish Council
- Alison Stevens