Electoral Registration and Voting – Frequently Asked Questions

Electoral Registration

Every local authority holds the electoral register for their own area. There is no online electoral register. To find out if you are already on the electoral register, please phone Wealden District Council on 01892 602417 or email elections@wealden.gov.uk

Not sure if you’re eligible to register to vote in the UK?  Further information available on the Gov.uk website 

Every polling station in the Wealden District Council area has the following available:

  • A device to enable blind or partially sighted voters to vote unaided
  • At least one large-print version of the ballot paper displayed inside each station to assist partially sighted voters
  • Any voter with physical disabilities who is unable to vote without assistance or who is unable to read may be assisted by the Presiding Officer at the polling station.
  • Most polling stations in the Wealden area are wheelchair accessible. Where this is not possible the Presiding Officer can take the voters ballot paper to them outside the polling station allowing them to vote in private. The voter may also have a companion with them as well as the Presiding Officer.

Yes you can vote in British Parliamentary General Elections

Yes, you can register as a service voter if you are a member of the armed forces or the spouse or civil partner of someone in the armed forces.

If you do not have a fixed address, you can still have your say at elections. View more information on the Your Vote Matters website

A student who has a permanent home address and a term-time address can be lawfully registered at both addresses. If an elector is registered to vote in two different electoral areas, they are eligible to vote in local elections for the two different local councils. However, it is an offence to vote twice in any one election. Such an offence could result in a fine of up to £5,000.