Housing Options

The Housing Options available to you will depend upon your personal circumstances and may include the following:

Affordable Home Ownership

The Council works with Registered Providers (housing associations) to provide access to low cost home ownership for those that do not have the finances to purchase a home of their own outright.  Further detail on latest government-backed schemes for help on to the property ladder can be found at the Help to Buy website (external link).

Private Rented Sector

The private rented sector is growing in Wealden. Because of the shortage of social housing in the district, private rented accommodation  is the option the majority of applicants looking for housing will be directed to.

Transfers and Mutual Exchanges

If you are an existing council or housing association tenant and need to move you can apply to Tenant Incentive Scheme.

Applying for Social Housing To Rent

All available Council and registered providers (housing association) homes for rent are advertised through join the housing register

Find out about the Council New Build homes.