Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

How to get Social Housing


If you are an existing council or housing association tenant and need to move you can apply to for a transfer. The same process applies as if you were applying for social housing for the first time. We have produced a guide to explain the process to you.

If you are a council tenant and are downsizing you may qualify for financial assistance through our Transfer Incentive Scheme.

Mutual Exchanges

If you would like to exchange your home with another tenant you can find something suitable through the following websites:

Applying for Social Housing To Rent

All available Council and registered providers (housing association) homes for rent are advertised through join the housing register.

Find out about the Council New Build homes.