Alcohol and entertainment additional information

You will find additional information about alcohol and entertainment licences here.

Licensing policy

Applicants are advised to read a copy of Wealden District Council’s Licensing Policy, before submitting their application.

Responsible authorities

If you are not applying online through the website, you must send a copy of your application to all of the following responsible authorities.

Premises Licence applications

A list of recent premises licence applications can be found on our:

Premises licence review

Where problems associated with the operation of a premises and its failure to meet the licensing objectives then application may be made by interested parties, as defined under the Act, or responsible authorities for a review of the premises licence.

The Licensing Act 2003
(Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates) Regulations 2005 – Regulation 38 Notice

Wealden District Council, as Licensing Authority for the Wealden District, do hereby give notice that an application has been made by Environmental Health (Food & Safety Team), Wealden District Council under Section 51 of the Licensing Act 2003 for the review of the Premises Licence issued to: –

Hop Yard Brewing Company Ltd.
The Yard, Lewes Road, Forest Row East Sussex, RH18 5AA

The grounds for the application are that the Licensing Objectives in respect of the Public Safety and the Prevention of Crime and Disorder are not being met.

Any person wishing to make representations to this application may do so by writing to Licensing Officer, Wealden DC, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham, BN27 2AX or email
not later than 14th October 2020.

Representations received after this date cannot be considered.

Outdoor events

If you are planning on holding a concert or outdoor event then please also read our guidance for outdoor events.

Voluntary and community events

If you are visiting our pages because you are organising a community event, you might also find The “Can Do” guide to organising and running voluntary and community events useful. This guide has been created by the government to take the confusion out of running an event.


A licence is no longer required to hold a play.