Interested Parties are the bodies or individuals who are entitled to make representation to Licensing Authorities concerning applications for the grant, variation or review of Premises Licences or Club Premises Certificates.
In addition Interested Parties may themselves seek Review of a Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate.
Interested Parties are defined as follows:
- A person living in the vicinity of the premises
- A body representing persons living in that vicinity, for example a Residents Association or a Parish/ Town Council
- A person involved in a business in the vicinity of the premises
- A body representing persons involved in such businesses, for example a Trade Association
- A Member of the relevant Licensing Authority, for example an elected Councillor of the Licensing Authority for the area in which a premises is situated
Any of these individuals or groups may specifically request a representative to make a representation on their behalf. For example, a legal representative, a friend, an MP or a local Ward or Parish Councillor could all act in such a capacity.