The Mobile Homes Act 2013 was enacted on 26 May 2013.
This legislation affects the management and operation of Mobile Home Sites along with The Caravan and Control of Development Act 1960, Caravan Sites Act 1968 and Mobile Homes Act 1983.
Sections 1 to 7 came into effect on 1 April 2014:
- Section 1 gives local authorities the ability to introduce fees (on application and an annual fee).
- Section 2 gives local authorities discretion whether to issue and/or transfer site licences.
- Section 3 appeals to site licence conditions will go to the Residential Property Tribunal instead of going to the Magistrates Court.
- Section 4 gives local authorities the ability to serve a compliance notice where there are one or more breaches of site licence conditions.
- Section 5 gives local authorities the ability to carry out works where the licence holder has failed to do so, this includes the recovery of costs.
- Sections 6 and 7 amended details in relation to appeals, operative periods, recovery of expenses and the residential tribunal.
Section 8 places a requirement on the licence holder to be a “fit and proper person”
Sections 9 to 12 came into effect as of 26 May 2013:
- Section 9 – makes site rules express terms of agreement.
- Section 10 – removes the requirement for the site owner to consent to the sale or gift of a mobile home.
- Section 11 – changes the way in which a site owner can change pitch fees.
- Section 12 – amends the protection occupiers have against eviction and harassment.
Mobile Homes Act 2013 Fees Policy
Our Mobile Homes Act 2013 Fee Policy
has received approval from our Licensing Committee and our fees for mobile homes are shown in the table below:
Mobile Homes Act 2013 Fees
|Relevant Protected Sites
(Single unit and family sites)
|New Application for Site Licence
|Transfer of Site Licence
|Amendment of Site Licence
|Depositing of Park Rules with Local Authority
For new applications only, applicants may pay 5% less when making an application. If you do, you would then be invoiced for this amount plus £20 for the additional administration cost, when the licence has been issued.
You can pay your fee by telephoning us on 01424 787550 as cheques are not accepted.
A residential site cannot have park rules if they have not deposited the rules first with the local authority. If they are not shown on the above document then no rules have been deposited.
For information regarding residential parks only please call 01424 787553. For all other queries relating to caravans and camping please use the contact details below.
Conditions will be attached to your licence and we have produced our Standard Conditions for Residential Caravan Sites (pdf)