Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Dual Driver Licences

If you intend to drive either a Hackney Carriage or a Private Hire Vehicle in the Wealden area, you will need to apply to us for a Dual Driver licence.

Wealden Dual Driver licences permit you to drive Hackney Carriage or Private Hire Vehicle licensed by Wealden District Council. If you intend to drive vehicles licensed by another authority then you must apply for the relevant licences required by that authority.

Apply for a new dual driver licence

If you want to apply for a new dual driver licence you can find the details and eligibility criteria here.

Renew a dual driver licence

You must make sure you renew your Dual Driver licence before your current licence expires. Our page explains the process.

Penalty points scheme

We issue penalty points to drivers who fail to meet our standards.

Dual drivers and guide dogs

Information on the requirements of drivers to carry guide dogs.

Make a dual driver payment

You can make all your Dual Driver payments online. If you want to check the fees before making payment then please visit our Taxi Licensing Fees page. Refunds for the ‘unused’ years of a surrendered Dual Driver’s Licence will not be issued.