Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Renew a Dual Driver Licence

When your Dual Driver Licence is due for renewal we will contact you. This is normally 2 to 3 months before the expiry date.

Each time you renew your licence you will need to:

The above forms and information are currently given to you in your renewal letter.

Obtain a new DBS disclosure

You must sign up with the DBS update service, information can be found at DBS Update Service website and this must be done within 19 days of receiving your Disclosure certificate.

If you have signed up to the DBS Update Service previously you will need to present your original Disclosure certificate as part of the renewal process.

If you have not signed up to the DBS Update Service or you have lost your certificate, you must telephone the Disclosure & Barring Service on 03000 200 190 and request an Enhanced Disclosure application form.

You will need to make it clear to the DBS that you are a ‘taxi’ driver and have been told by your local council to contact them and request an enhanced disclosure application form. You will need to provide our organisation reference name which is Wealden & Rother District Councils and the reference number which is 20969500002.

You will be sent an application form within 10 days which you must complete and bring it to us at Bexhill Town Hall along with your passport, driving licence and current proof of address – you must attend in person so the ID can be checked fully.

You can view the DBS code of practice at DBS code of Practice

Applicants are required to have read the DBS Enhanced Check Privacy Policy before making an application for disclosure and you will be asked to declare that you have read and understood how the DBS will process your personal data on your application form. Please visit their website to read the DBS Enhanced Check Privacy Policy

Supporting Documentation

We accept these supporting documents:

  • Current Passport or, if you do not have a valid passport, a UK birth certificate
  • Proof of a right to reside and a right to work in the UK, if you cannot provide either of the above.
  • DVLA driving licence (valid photo card)
  • A Council tax statement not more than 12 months old, or household utility bill not more than 3 months old (NB a bill for a mobile phone will not be accepted).

Other information

It is your responsibility, not the Council’s, to renew your Licence and if you fail to do so before the its expiry then any application will be treated as a new application and you will not be permitted to drive until that application has been determined (approximately 8/ 12 weeks). You will also have to pass the Practical Driving Assessment Test and Knowledge Test, if you have not already done so, and to meet all other licensing criteria.

Incomplete applications or applications not accompanied by the required fee will not be accepted.

Applications which are withdrawn for any reason will be subject to an administrative handling fee.