Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Existing Drivers and Licence Holders

If you already hold a Dual Driver, Vehicle or Operator’s Licence with us then you may find the information, documents and links on this page useful.

Make a Taxi or Private Hire Payment

You can now make all your Taxi or Private Hire payments online, including new applications, renewals, replacement badges, plates and licence and any changes you need to make to your licence.

Surrendering Your Taxi Licence

Information on how to surrender Private Hire, Hackney, Dual Driver and Operator licences.

Vehicle accidents

Details of any accident involving a licensed vehicle should be reported to the Licensing Officer within 72 hours. Please complete and return an Accident Report Form 

A licensed vehicle involved in an accident which has caused damage materially affecting the safety, performance or appearance of the vehicle, or the comfort or convenience of customers, should not be used for the conveyance of passengers until it has been properly and satisfactorily repaired. The Licensing Officer may ask to see your vehicle.

Change of ownership/vehicle registration

If you wish to transfer your licensed vehicle to another licensed driver during the licence period, you must download and complete a Vehicle Change of Ownership Application Form  with the new owner and return it to us within 14 days, together with the appropriate fee.

If you should decide to sell or scrap your licensed vehicle, no refund can be made of any remaining period on the licence. Licence plates remain the property of the Council, and both external and internal plate must be returned to the Licensing Office within 14 days. To licence a replacement vehicle, please visit our Vehicle Application Process Vehicle Application Process page.

If you wish to change the registration of your licensed vehicle, please download and complete a  Change a Vehicle Registration Number  and return this to the Licensing Officer together with a copy of the vehicle logbook and current insurance document showing the new registration number.

Door badges

The Council will provide a set of self-adhesive door signs on first licensing of the vehicle at no cost. The purchase of replacement sets (due to loss or deterioration of visual condition) will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner. Replacements can be ordered from the suppliers listed on our Rear Door Signs page

Safeguarding information

As professional taxi drivers, you can play a valuable role in safeguarding vulnerable people, both as passengers and through observing what is going on around you. The  Transport Hub Guidance Note  and Taxi Safeguarding Leaflet , produced by East Sussex County Council, provide safeguarding advice to help you deal with any issues that may arise, report any concerns, and also how to protect yourself from potential allegations. It will benefit all drivers to read and be aware of this information, but it is of particular importance to those who undertake school contracts.