The Council’s strategies set out our overall aims for the medium to long term, while our policies state the principles and rules we use to address and make decisions on particular issues. We have different types of plan, some are strategic in themselves, many are action plans associated with our strategies and others relate to our planning policy and development control functions.
- The Wealden Council Strategy sets out the vision and objectives for the council for the coming 4 years
- The Digital Strategy – Fully accessible version 2021-2024 identifies Wealden District Council’s approach to Digital for the years 2021 to 2024. It builds upon work already undertaken and reinforces the key principles of using digital to effectively deliver the Corporate Plan objectives, support the Council’s business requirements and delivery of customer service.
- The Code of Corporate Governance is the system by which local authorities direct and control their functions & relate to their communities.
- The Anti Fraud Corruption Strategy provides an overview of the intended culture of the Council in opposing fraud, corruption and malpractice and the Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Framework is a collection of four documents setting out the Council’s policies on fraud, corruption and malpractice.
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 Policy regulates the work of the council relating to surveillance for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime.