The Council’s strategies set out our overall aims for the medium to long term, while our policies state the principles and rules we use to address and make decisions on particular issues. We have different types of plan, some are strategic in themselves, many are action plans associated with our strategies and others relate to our planning policy and development control functions.
- The Council’s Corporate Plan sets out its strategic direction.
- The Digital Strategy – Fully accessible version 2021-2024 identifies Wealden District Council’s approach to Digital for the years 2021 to 2024. It builds upon work already undertaken and reinforces the key principles of using digital to effectively deliver the Corporate Plan objectives, support the Council’s business requirements and delivery of customer service.
- The Communications Strategy 2017-2020 identifies how we will improve communications with the public and assist the Council to receive due recognition for its services.
- The Protocol on Media Relations and Social Media Protocol 2014 supplement the principles in the national Code for Recommended Practice on Local Authority Publicity and the Council’s own Communications Policy.
- The Code of Corporate Governance is the system by which local authorities direct and control their functions & relate to their communities.
- The Anti Fraud Corruption Strategy provides an overview of the intended culture of the Council in opposing fraud, corruption and malpractice and the Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Framework is a collection of four documents setting out the Council’s policies on fraud, corruption and malpractice.
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 Policy regulates the work of the council relating to surveillance for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime.