Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

I’m a new council tenant

By now you should have sorted out the main things that you need to do when you move such as gas, electricity, water, post redirection and TV licensing. If you haven’t, you need to do so.

If you have been given an introductory tenancy you will be visited by your Housing Officer at 6 and 39 weeks after the start of your tenancy. You will be sent appointments for both of these meetings and you must be at home for them or call us to re-arrange if the day/time isn’t convenient. You must have these two meetings otherwise your probationary period might be extended.

The Council does insure the building but you must take out contents insurance to protect your personal belongings. Find out about the low-cost insurance scheme available to tenants in our frequently asked questions about Tenancies.

Check out our Street Learning project which provides free training in Wealden on a range of subjects including IT, yoga, cooking, arts and crafts and much more at local venues.

Tenant Guide

The guide tells you everything that you need to know about living in your council home including:

If you live in temporary accommodation you need to read the Temporary accommodation guide

Being kept informed

Please ensure that we have the most up-to-date email address for you, if you have one. We send  tenants a monthly e-update.
The Council produces a monthly emailed newsletter and a Threshold publication which is sent out twice yearly and sent to all tenants twice a year.
The Housing Service regularly posts updates, news and information on our social media accounts so follow us on  Facebook Twitter, and sign up to the our Wealden Weekly email, providing details of your refuse and recycling collections, nearby planning applications and news and information about local events and Council services.

Access to Information

You can access information about your tenancy such as your rent balance, information on repairs and more by registering for an account in My Wealden and going to Housing Accounts.

Data Sharing

To find out how we use your data which was collected at sign-up of your council tenancy view our privacy notice. New tenancies created after 25 May 2018 have been asked to consent to us sharing your data through a system known as CORE.