Wealden District Council
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer.
Parts of our website may display incorrectly or not work at all. Please consider downloading an up to date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Repairs, Maintenance and Home Improvements / Alterations

This page sets out how we maintain and improve your home including details of repair works.

Disrepair Claims Scam


The repairs section details the following.


Here you can find details of how we maintain properties and estates.

Improvement Works

How we improve our housing stock.

Home Improvements / Alterations and permission needed

Before carrying out any alterations such as putting in a new kitchen or bathroom, adding a conservatory or driveway you must get written consent from your Housing Officer. Contact my Housing Officer – Wealden District Council – Wealden District Council

You may also require building regulations and planning permission depending on the work, and are responsible for checking and gaining approval as necessary. You are responsible for the ongoing maintenance on any alterations that you have carried out.